miércoles, 10 de mayo de 2023

Man of the North (part 1 of 3)

 

You have to have balls to refer to your mom as a fucking bitch. But that's what she was. That whore not only betrayed my father and had him killed, she was also fucking the slaves that served him and married my uncle after asking for my death.

If calling your mother a whore is not enough, you must know I killed her. It was five years ago, at the same time that I reclaimed my father's realm. But I didn't leave unscathed. It took everything I had to accomplish this deed. I fought my cousin, I fought my uncle and I fought my mother; all of them took a piece of me. But I killed them all.



I battled my cousin in open field. We met behind the hill, alone. I didn't think the bastard
had the balls to fight me by himself. I respect him for that. I was waiting for him when he arrived. I really thought someone would be hiding in the woods to surprise me while we were battling, but the stupid bastard thought he was enough.

I approached him, and he looked a bit bigger now that I was close. I was once his size, I knew that, but that was years ago. He looked like a pup beside me. He was very strong, and tall, I won't lie, but he lacked big muscles, labor, women, and most importantly, battles.
"You can yield" said I. "I don't want to kill you cousin, but I won't hesitate". I knew my words were as offensive as the worst insult, but it didn't feel right not to say them. His answer was a holler and an attack. He swung his blade at me and I blocked it with my shield. I was surprise by his strength, nowhere near as weak as I thought. Maybe that's were his confidence was. I could see how he would've been a great warrior had he lived longer. Had he chosen not to fight me that day.
I blocked two more blows and counter attacked swinging my sword at him, almost letting him block them. I could see the fear it cause him to feel my force. This was not a training fight. One mistake meant death. For him but also for me. One thing I learned over the years was to never look down at the man fighting you. Arrogance brings defeat.
He charged at me again. His dance was elegant, but predictable.
"I will finish you. There won't be any of your remains left to burn", said he.
"Only the god of thunder knows who will come out victorious today!" I answered. Our blades clashed and were locked, both of us pushing at each other. I brought my foot to his stomach and sent him flying on his back. He got even more angry. I got near to finish the combat, but he managed to kick me in the testicles.

He kicked me very hard. I was surprised not only because of the pain, but also my guard was down for a few seconds. I was lucky that he was slow to react; he could've killed me right there. I stood up, swallowing the pain and the humiliation, and charged again. This time I was determined to end it. And I did.
While I was bent from the kick to my nads he got near me, so I attacked with quick blows, he barely block them and counterattacked with some strikes of his own. I blocked them all and got frustrated. He grabbed his sword with two hands and raised it swinging down willing to cut me in half. I used my shield to stop his blow, but I was also ready with my sword aiming at his neck. My position didn't allow me to strike hard enough to cut his head clean, but my blade sunk half it's width into my cousin's flesh, between his shoulder and his neck. A fountain of blood started pouring down his body. He fell to his knees and then on his back with a hand on his wound.
I went to his encounter.
"May the gods receive you in Valhalla," said I, before collapsing on the ground, exhausted.
 

Later I cut hit heart and hid it. I needed that so that my uncle wouldn't kill me. I took my cousin's body and left it near the farm for someone to find him. They did, because I heard the screams not long after.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Man of the North (part 2 of 3)

 (This story starts with "Man of the North (part 1 of 3)") That afternoon I went to see my uncle. I was surrounded right away ; I ...